Sunday 20 May 2018

Hello Song

If you've read any of my lesson plans, you'll have noticed that they all start with a "Hello Song". Today I want to share that with you, just in case you don't have one of your own.

I start all my little learners' lessons with a Hello Song. It's a great way to establish a routine, review those first few essential phrases and get the students listening, speaking English and participating in the lesson.

My song goes like this to the tune of Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to work we go...


Hello! Hello! How are you?

I'm fine, thank you! I'm fine, thank you!

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!

With obligatory actions of course (wave Hello, point to the students as you ask How are you? and bobbing along with a thumbs up gesture for I'm fine thank you)...  The more actions you songs and stories include the less trouble you will have maintaining your students attention! Some would say this also helps kinaesthetic learners, others would say there's no such thing as a kinaesthetic learner. I would say, whatever works for you, works.


If you need music try this very popular one from Super Simple Songs...



1 comment: